The Board is being reconstituted under the leadership of Dr. Ali Issa Abdi, formerly with the International Monetary Fund, now headquartered in Addis Ababa.
The founding Board Members of the C.I.C. were:
- Professor Myles Wickstead CBE
- Mr Jeremy Carver CBE
- Dr Rashid Hassan
- Mr Leoned Tiahlo
Founding Associates included:
- Ms Edna Adan, UN diplomat, French Legion of Honour recipient
- Dr Saad Ali Shire, Minister of National Planning and Development, Republic of Somaliland
- Mr Eid Ahmed, representive elder of the Cardiff UK-based, UK Diaspora Elders from the Horn Region
- Mr Jeremy Taylor, Crown Agents Bank, Director
- Rt Hon Alun Michael MP, now Police and Crime Commissioner for South Wales.
- Mr David Jamison, Sponsor of the HID and founder of independent oil group Vitol
- Mr Eskandar Maleki, Founding Sponsor & Private Equity Investor via LogicInvest, Zurich.